Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Mega-blog

And...here we go with Hawaii. This blog is....quite large. But first a quick swim trip with the girls. In Utah.




 My favorite picture of Maddie EVER!




Anyways. ONWARD!
 The drive....

 On our travels we found a bus that had parked, and had all the passengers sleeping on a giant mat outside. SCARY.
 After a night of driving, we drove straight to Universal!




 We did indeed have a blast, though mom got quite sick from the transformers ride.

 I saw this shirt and thought it looked like Dad.
 I love this photo.
 Here's something new since I last went there. I didn't go in. Too tired.

 Tour Time.

 Got some slirpees. As you can see, although we had a lot of fun, we were exhausted from the drive.



 
 Before we left the L.A. area, we went to this little place called Diddy Reises, definitely worth the stop.
 Come! We FLY! Here these two are, going on their first flights.


 Sarah said I looked homeless. Well fie on that!


 There was lots of sleeping on this flight.
 We made it!
 The first morning there, the things I noticed the most were the clouds (since you don't see how cool cloud shadows are in the morning)...and the trees. THE TREES ARE AMAZING.
 As far as rural areas go, everything is quite low to the ground, apart from a few random guys like this.

 We went for a drive up there, and Mike got to longboard down.



 Swim Time!


 The minute Maddie saw Pop come in, she wanted some more "Peter Pan" time. 

 The snorkelers.

 There I am, scared to death of being crushed, and not catching Maddie. She HATES getting her head underwater, and everytime she got her eyes wet, she'd come over to me, and grab my swimsuit and wipe here eyes.

 Whenever one wondered where Jack had gone, you had to search the seas carefully.  Thar he blows.


 We got dinner at an authentic Japanese Ramen place. I Loved it! And Maddie ate the rice!

 Their ramen bowls were huge.

 We went on a drive to the north shore. To get there you have to go through that mountain.

 The Japanese Temple!  You have to drive through a large cemetery, it's hidden in the back.

 They had huge fish. HUGE.
 And if you FED the fish?
 Utter....
 Havoc.


 It's not about helping the plants grow, it's all about keeping them at bay. Because they will find a way by jingo.


 Polynesian Cultural Center!

 Samoan man was hillarious. This was a great place, definitely needed a whole day to see it.

 Shark Cove


 This is the area Em and Mad stuck around in. There were some cute little fish swimming around.

 A few of us went over the rock barrier. It was blue, clear and amazing! We saw a sea turtle, which was AWESOME.
 That's why it's called Shark Cove. Thankfully.



 Mom was quite pleased to get a photo, let me tell ya.


 Someone missed a few spots with the sunscreen.

 Green Tea Ice Cream, anyone?

 Shark time. Woo!


 Sarah: "....King of the world!"




 Em and Mad built a fairy house.

 And Mike found a coconut.

 We built a cute little sea monster.

 Ugh I'm so mad I lost the video of dad emerging from the hole we buried him in.


 Pop and I went to Chinatown and bought some food. Long Beans!

 Lychee

 ...I still don't know.

 Pearl Harbor Day.



 Up at the cemetery, there's this statue. And all I could think of when I saw it was the movie Jason and the Argonauts.


 Tyler's work. Le Pink Castle.


 U.S. Missouri

 Arizona...



 My favorite pic that Em took with the camera.

 
 This thing is huge. You can see it anytime you drive from Honolulu to Hill's house.

 Flea Market!  Flee Market?  Fleigh Market....?


 Mom Pop and I went to the Hawaiian Palace.


 Holy crap the king had a cane made from a Narwhale Tusk!

 Another Day of Surfing.




 This hike was soooo much fun! And I've never seen the land change so many times in one hike.
 Start: Tree filled landscape.

 Change #1: Le Ferns


 Change #2: Le Ghostly pines

 Change #3: Le rock land
 Change #4: Le Pine Palms
 And now...we ascend into the cloud.


 Was it raining...or just being in the cloud that got us soaked.

 Change #5: Le high mountain ferns
 Far away...the misty mountains call.....
 The mountain goes straight down on both sides of this photo.

 Like this.

 Still Steep. And slippery.


 It's hard to take a picture of the last bit. You can't really feel what it was like. You could see the cloud flying from one side to the other right in front of you.
 Steepest place.

 I kinda went off the path, past a sign that said something like "don't cross, you could die", so I could get a pic of pop.  he's next to a sign that says "Careful where you stand, the ground can give way anytime."






 Did I mention Dad wanted to turn back after getting only halfway up the mountain? The top was the best part!
 Ah. Back at the land of roots and pine palms.
 Farewell mountain! it was a great great hike.

 Ah. Change #6: Le Grasslands.
 I slept on a mattress in Maddie's room. Which quickly turned into where Maddie turned up in the morning as well.
 These were the strangest trees.

 ...ok nevermind. THIS was the strangest tree. It looked like a freakin bush that had taken steroids.
 Hill...this photo is for you.


 Our last day, Pop, Em and I drove to a lookout, and then went on a hike to a waterfall.




 This was most definitely the muddiest and slipperiest hike of the three we went on. And Emily only made it funnier.


 This is on the way up. On the way down, our legs were coated in mud, and if Pop laughed when Em slipped, her face turned stone, she'd say to me "Lyssa, when we get to a safe place to stand, I have something for Papa."  And then she'd turn around and wipe her muddy hands on his shirt. HA HA HA HA!




 We got in, and jumped! Well, not Em. Maybe when she can jump off a diving board.

 This place was SOOO MUCH FUN! Definitely a place you shouldn't miss out on.

 Last night there....Time to sing by the waves...




 Maddie would do this thing were she'd fill the cap with water, drink it, and then smile at me as the water would come leaking out between her teeth. Sheesh!

 Daredevil Maddie!
 And here ends my blog. I probably could have been more detailed, and Sarah has a ton of photos I took on her iPhone, but I am a bit tired of blogging at the moment. So...another day!


No comments:

Post a Comment