Saturday, September 6, 2014

F¥$$£ing taxes

The teachers are planning a trip in January to the philipenes, Cambodia, and now viet nam as well. I was planning on going along, but since that's right after Christmas, and right before tax season, I started looking into what's in store for me when tax season comes. For a little bit I was pretty happy because I thought I would qualify for tax exemption. There's a exemption you can apply for if you have been in a foreign country for 330 days of the year. But by December, I will have been here only 9 months. Sooooo with that in mind I have decided to not go on the trip, and start saving every little yen to pay the freaking stupidly huge amount of taxes I'll be owing for this year. Is it not STUPID that I'm paying around six hundred bucks a month to the Japanese government, and I still have to pay a but load to bloody America? Stupid stupid stuuuupid.

But I will choose to be positive, and be grateful that I'm slowly but surely becoming more aware and preperatory of my financial responsibilities.

Double taxed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment