Friday, February 27, 2015

Around the world in 125 days.

2009, 2014, & 2015 are incredibly hard years to top. I know it's only February, but I'm going to literally travel around the world this year. WOOHOO! I don't feel so guilty shouting it from my blog, I'm so excited, I can't believe it! 

Aside from the travels I'll do while visiting Tash, here are some locations set in stone due to being on my flight itineraries. I get to be in each spot for 5-6 hours which is short but better than 1-2 hours! I'd love having some more 12 hour layovers ha ha ha!!! I'll take what I can get!

I began this excursion in January…..on Continent #1, in the land of Salt Lake City


Did a little back-tracking over yonder to Denver…(Twas interesting to see tornado shelter signs everywhere.)

Found myself back on continent #2. Had a glorious part II in Tokyo…(yup, I've climbed that mountain…..well 90% of it. And I'll be back to reach the bloody summit before I kick the bucket, if it's the last thing I ever do. Next time I'll bring proper rain gear, blast it.)

Back to my dear Nagoya, I love this city!

More Nagoya, anyone?


And now I've brought you up to the present. T-minus 2 weeks til departure. Today I overheard a conversation dealing with some after-school course changes that made me glad I'm leaving. I've loved working here, but there were lots of times where the management was very hypocritical, and it drove the teachers nuts. 

…but hip hoorah, I don't have to worry about that anymore. I hope the teachers sticking around have the umph to object if they find anything to be too taxing. Man I'll miss my co-teachers!!!!



ANYWHO, back to T-Minus 2 weeks. I'll be hopping over to….. 
Beijing! The only things I know I'd want to visit in China, off the top of my head, are the Forbidden City and the Great Wall. Someday! I wonder how far the FC is from the airport….crap it's only 45 minutes. Do I dare? I'll do some snooping into info on that possibility.

After Beijing, I high-tail it over to Abu Dhabi! It's in the United Arab Emirates, next to Saudi Arabia and the Persian Gulf. I didn't know this place existed until I saw it in my layover list.

After a few hours in Abu Dhabi, I'll make my way to Belgrade! I've now made my way to Continent #3! Tis in Serbia, in Eastern Europe, surrounded by countries like Romania, Macedonia, Hungary, and Bulgaria. The airport is named after Nikola Tesla, how cool is that?? You can tell I'll be arriving soon in….

Prague, the most beautiful city in The Czech Republic! Also holds the nearest airport to….

…Tasha's house in Weiden, Germany. I'm so excited to see her! I'd be happy just chilling with her in Weiden honestly, but I'm stoked to check out some other places too. I'll be happy with whatever happens!


After my visit with Toosh is over, I'll be going back to Prague, to fly over to….and my jaw dropped when I saw the first layover….I'll be back-tracking to Moscow. WOW. EEEEK wow. My layover in Moscow is from 4-9am though, so my sight seeing will be lots of wide-eyed window gazing and airport shopping. I'm more than happy with that, I'll be back someday perhaps.

After Russia comes good old NYC, a place I'd labeled tacky/cheesy/touristy, until I'd gotten to live close enough to explore it a bunch. I've got some good memories there, and some even better memories there with Tash and Sarah. What a great place!


Come Mid-May, I'll have returned SLC. I still can't believe this is going to happen!!!!  











1 comment:

  1. Perfect, now I have the deadline for your quilt. :) Plan on it as your welcome home present. Oh the places you'll go. I'm excited to check in here for all of your travels around the world.

    ReplyDelete