Thursday, October 16, 2014

6 month mystery SOLVED. And…a good laugh.

There's an instrumental song that plays on loudspeakers all over Nagoya, every night at 6. I asked all of my students if they knew the words, but they were too shy to tell me. And I never remembered to ask the Japanese teachers, because I was never around them when the song came on. I was always in a class, or at home. Anywho, I've been hearing this song everyday for 6 months, and not knowing the words was driving me insane.

I'd given up on learning the words ages ago, but that didn't stop me from going all out, "Tra-la-la"ing whenever the song came on. Well, today 2 of my students had the gusto to sing the words for me. I wrote them all down, and I was finally able to find a version of it on youtube!!!!!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6GQgx1etuQ&feature=youtu.be




After that, I looked at the sidebar to see what videos were linked to it. There were a bunch of animated nursery songs. Well, I clicked on one to see what other kinds of songs little kids listened to (because they're some of the few that I can translate).

What do you know….the first song I clicked on had me doing a double take, and laughing my head off.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn6dIP3Uxto




Just watch. And then laugh. A nursery rhyme about it? Really?  



1 comment: