Sunday, October 19, 2014

Atsuta Shrine

After Sports Day, I was worn out and moody, so I decided I needed another distractive break.  I got on the subway, and I just sat and looked at people for a good half hour. At one point, a woman with some form of turrets sat down, and I heard some of the loudest screaming I've ever heard. It was hard to keep myself from squeezing my eyes shut.

Eventually I got to a point where I decided I should go see something. I typed "Things to do in Nagoya".  The first thing is the castle, but I did that last weekend, so I did the 2nd thing that popped up lol.

Atsuta Shrine.

The green colors are going to leave any day now, so I was doing lots of appreciating.

I swear I am always posting pictures of these types of trees ha ha ha!

It was great to get into such a beautiful forest setting!

I might be wrong, but I saw signs up that dealt with a certain 3/5/7 celebration. I don't know much about it, but it deals with kids when they turn those 3 ages. I can't tell you how many cute little kids I saw walking around today!!! I took as many pictures as I could without becoming invasive.

I should just make a separate blog for trees. Those wisteria trees, the bamboo, and these guys always stop me in my tracks. 


These are often placed next the written down prayers at the shrines.
 



I have no idea what's behind those doors...

…but I was very interested in way they built those walls.

Ok I should have included a human in this photo for size comparison. If that had been standing vertically, the hilt would have gone from my feet to my waist. See that teeny little sword on the lower right? That's a full sized sword. There wasn't a lot written in English at the shrine, but something led me to believe that this was the sword of the prince that is buried at the shrine. There's a painting of him holding it while riding into battle. It's definitely the length of two of me, at least!!

I think maybe lanterns representing some generous patrons to the shrine?

On one of the lanterns. This guy is everywhere. When a kid does something bad, parents will often warn them that an ogre will come yell at them if they don't behave. 

This. Tree. Is. Huge. And Gorgeous. People were praying to it. 

Another branch of the Atsuta shrine, a section that is nearly restored.

While rebuilding, they built around the trees. *tear.

Another example of them building around the trees.

I love these rounded roofs.

This could make a comfortable, small hut. They don't seem to clear out the dead trees, they let things get taken care of as nature would.

Another massive tree. Wow.

This type of fern has always reminded me of Germany. 

I did lots of wandering. No regrets.
 I found this door that's built into a little hill. OoOoOo


 The boys were dressed up toooo!!! CUTE





No comments:

Post a Comment