Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Tokyo Pt 1

Ok…I'm posting things that happened 3 weeks ago, so bear with me. I scheduled my flight to Utah so that it had a 9 hour layover in Tokyo. WOOT.  Here be some of my wanderings.

(nagoya)5:30A.M. drive to the bus stop.

Arrive at Chubu airport at 6:30

Gotta love Chubu Airport.

 This is a walkway on top of the airport. Interesting.

Some of the food/gifts Nagoya's known for. Chicken wings. Non-refridgerated packages…hmmm.

Farewell coffee.

Farewell best convenience store food ever

aaaaand after an hour flight... Hello Tokyo.

First I went to Shibuya, location of one of the busiest crosswalks, and the Hachiko statue.

I thought it funny that a few yards away from the famous Hachiko, stood a strange statue of naked kids.

Heeeeeere!

Wandering aboot.

Only in Japan can you find huge images of transformers on buildings.

Zees ees for Nikoo.

Checking out the railway stops.

I don't understand much of what he says, but this comedian's a hoot.

Akihabara. The anime district. 

I forget this man's name, but he's the equivalent to superman. I couldn't stop asking myself "why is a robot riding a horse?" 

And of course, I had to check out the theater in the Toho district.

made it back to Tokyo station for the bus to Narita airport.

I flew out of Tokyo at 5:45 PM. 6 hours later (as in…MIDNIGHT), an announcement pops on, the lights turn on, and everybody gets orange juice and breakfast. Still pitch black outside. I have no idea if we were in the 4AM zone, the 6AM zone…ugh.

All I do know, is that it was 1:30am Japan time, when the sun started coming up. Now that was disorienting.

Ah…made it back for Christmas Eve.

And nutcrackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment