Saturday, March 21, 2015

What will my future beeee……I wonderrrr…..

PT II

Le Graveyard.

Found out Mozart's sister and the composer Hadyn are buried here.


I loved how beautiful and different every little plot was.

We found a door open, and a door etched into the mountain. I learned that the cemetery's been there since 700AD, so we got to daydreaming that this was one of the older crypts.

Doest thou see the building etched in the mountain?






Sundials everywhere.

The SoM fountain is still all winter-ed up. Dang.

Here's what I could see through the slits.

We crossed the river again, and saw some freaking insane houses along the river.

Tuck tried on an Austrian hat while we chilled by the river.

And of course, all 3 boys wanted to jump down the little grassy cliff into the rocks and freezing water. Sheesh.

That night we rented out someone's house. It was awesome. I only took photos of the bathrooms. I don't remember quite why. Tuck and Wes had a blast in that bathtub!

Beam me up, Scotty. This was an insanely high-tech shower. Lighting, music, 3 different water options. It took ten minutes to figure all of it out.

Mozart chocolate, anyone?

The house we stayed at was right up in the Alps, it was great! When we woke up, we got started on our trip to the Bertchesgarden Salt Mines.

We got a little lost (always fun), and wound up driving up one of the huge mountains. We found a mountain village, it was awesome!

While waiting for the salt mines to open, we went to a bakery in Bertchesgarden. Why is everything so pretty here????


Ah, the salt mines. Many a "mines of Moria" joke was said. 

The boys had a blast. You have to take slides to get to the lower levels during the tour, and the boys loved it! You get to ride a boat across an underground lake, which was fun. They had a light show on the lake too. My memories of this place make me think that the cave was remodeled somehow. I don't remember the slides being as long and steep as they are now. It was fun though. Imagine the tour group getting to listen to me and mom screaming down the slide. 

You could try the salt water while in the cave (no pictures allowed in the cave). Wes dipped his finger in, tasted it, and said, "delicious!"

Easter is a-comin

On our way!

To Hellbrunn Castle!! This is a fun place to come to in the summer, so you can enjoy the ancient water park in the back, but it was still awesome to check out in the spring.

We went a wandering.





Hillary Hillary Hillary!!!! LOOOOOK! I freaked out. This photo is for Hillary. Hill, Tash, Sarah, and I traveled here when we were kids, and rode on this sucker. It was awesome to get to come back!!


These are right out of my childhood. Awesome.

I didn't take a closeup of the Gazebo (but I got an awesome movie), but the SoM Gazebo is in the back to the right.




Found this in the restroom. We have one in Utah ha ha ha.

Mr. Shoe model.




Wowwwww.


One last stop, the Kurnigsee

Found a hilarious add for candy. 





I'll be calling him Brunhilda from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment