Saturday, March 21, 2015

What will this daaaay be liiiiike…..I wonderrrrrr

On the road to Salzburg!  Tuck and I messed around in the back.

If I had a Euro for every church I saw….

Yes, I was definitely listening to the Sound of Music soundtrack, the whole drive.

…and singing it. Loudly.

Our first stop was at Merabel Palace. Location of many a Sound of Music shot. Wesley prefers to walk with no hand holding, but sometimes he likes to hop on the front of the stroller.

Cathedrals everywhere...

Yodeleheehooooooo!

We found a playground next to the Merabel gardens. I highly suggest you visit if you have kids. 

It had a super high, super steep slide. It may not look like that from this angle, but you'll just have to take my word for it.

It didn't help that I was wearing very smooth leggings.

Strange to have a cute playground next to a foreboding dungeon door…dundundun.

After the playground, we reenacted some movie scenes. I'll make a little vid with the movie clips.

Do the march, boys!!!

The closer we got to that statue, the sillier it looked. Just keep away, and imagine the majesty of it. I'll give you a good example of this later.

Boys, I need to you run, while doing some form of dancing, and singing about tea with jam and bread.

CUTENESS.

Whilst I was off filming my reenactment, Max was going berserk over the pigeons.  

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens….la la la laaaaa!"

Here's that example I was telling you about. This is one of the unicorns next to the awesome steps. The other unicorn looks majestic and awesome, while this guy looks like a derp. 

Tash, with all her wit and wonder, caught an awesome photo of me ha ha ha. I love it!!!

Tucker and Tash found Mom out. She's got a man in Salzburg. Wolfi…to be exact.

There's so much to do here, and so many places to explore!!!

We crossed the river and walked next to the cliff. These buildings are built right into it, they're super skinny!

Wes was very popular in Salzburg, everyone loved how he rocked that hat!

They sell drendels everywhere. This was a high-end shop, but you can buy drendels and lederhosen everywhere in Austria.

Walkin down a cool street. Mozart was born and raised here, so there's LOTS of stuff promoting that.

….like I said. Lots of Mozart, everywhere.

And Easter is coming up soon, so we got to see some beautiful stuff in the windows!!

This is the house where Mozart was raised. It's along that street with the signs. I took a better pic, but I liked this pic because of the doorbells.

We wandered down a random alley to find this. Wow.

I'd like a driveway/courtyard please.

LOVE

Here's the church where Mozart was Baptized. Another cool thing I learned is that the outside statues and fountains are covered during the winter.

Inside of the church. WOW!

So to the right of the church, there's another courtyard. In that courtyard is one of those newfangled modern sculpture/statues. It's a huuuuuge gold ball with a human statue on top. I found the initials interesting.

Found some hats. Twas tempting, but I'd already bought an Austrian traveling hat.

We found the graveyard that the SoM film based it's set design off.  More photos to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment