Sunday, August 17, 2014

Elizabeth's visit I

Found a mysterious big buddha statue on the way to the airport.


Liz arrived! This is the "before Fuji" shot

"After Fuji" I'll talk about that insanity later. Liz and I kept finding ourselves laughing at the fact that we actually climbed that blasted mountain!

Let's just say I'd just finished swimming at a high altitude for eight hours. Exhausted.

I know it's not a police box, but I still burst out in doctor who music 

When we got back to the apartment, we took off as much as possible outside because it was all wet at smelly.

All clean, and immediately off to kyoto

Shinkansen lunch. This is mine. I discovered that Liz is a big fan of American food. But to give her credit, she tried a few things!

Back to yams aka shrine. 'Twas raining!



On the steps to ryoanji

Ryoanji's gardens were gorgeous

Japan's hat selection was...lacking

What a cool drain!

I thought this was a cool way to give bamboo more volume






No comments:

Post a Comment