Sunday, August 17, 2014

Onsen: A huge first

This post is going to be all about my first Onsen experience. This one was definitely one of the bigger first time moments I've had out here. Having to ignore all the societal standards I'd been raised around, it was a huge eye opener for me.

You the minute you go past those curtains, you leave normality and enter the land of nudity.


These are all google images. After you strip, you go in and sit down and wash yourself as clean as you can. 


Then you take your pick of any and every pool they have. There were eight different purposed pools.

Some of them were foggy and white, some were only two inches deep, some had electronic pulse massage (which felt insane).....


My favorite were the bowl tubs. They were small enough that you could have one all to yourself. Sooo nice


Han idea of what the outdoors looks like

At an Onsen, at least one pool has to be coming from a natural hotspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment