Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pictures

Photo dump. My phone needs more memory so I'm putting these online.


Two things
- cicadas are everywhere here, louder than freaking car alarms. They are huge. Minori lives them, saying they chirp about the coming of summer, while I just keep thinking of car alarms going off.
- that's what school yards look like.



T'was on a train, noticed a road lined with sunflowers. Plus I love rice paddies


I know it's just sweet red bean, but has anyone seen snow piercer? Lol

Went to a sushi conveyer belt place. This is normal, where you are given cups, and then you put a small dash of green tea and water in.

Just chilling while Minori drove about

Found a great priced Yukata/kimono shop. There were tons. That small clump there is for particular events. Not like normal kimono

Some freaking expensive kimono.

Wow

She keeps making me lunch!

Went out to dinner with Minori michiyo and Mihoko. The dinner cost as much as a round trip flight to Korea. This is some egg pudding I tried.

Veggies about to be boiled

It was a sushi/boiling restaurant. They gave you the stuff, and you put them in one of two different stock flavored water, and chose how long you wanted them to boil. I always love the amount if dishwater used for meals. And I learned another batch of eating etiquette. Will I ever use chopsticks correctly? Ha ha


Oh, had a Jehovah's Witness knock on my door today. Interesting

1 comment:

  1. I SO want to get into asian food. The market is so so here for asian things. There are actually quite a few asian immigrants that live here, so there is SOME stuff, but nothing like there I'm sure. Darnit!

    ReplyDelete