Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fools and a Birthday Massacre

First off can I say that it's a freaking BLIZZARD OUTSIDE? It's been on and off hailing and snowing all day. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON. I came here for good weather dash it all. I'm blaming this on Liz. Weather Gremlin.

Anywho. We woke up this morning and went down for breakfast. Whilst eating, Tasha and Dewy successfully duped Liz and I into believing she was prego. It was early in the morning, of COURSE I fell for it. I was quite excited for a sec, until they shouted April Fools. Oh Goodness. 

Anyway, today we went about grabbing supplies for a surprise birthday party for Dewy. We'll driving on his birthday, so we thought we'd have a birthday celebration today. I may have accidentally mentioned it to him, not realizing it was a surprise. I got quite the glare from Tash. A humorous, guilt-ridden glare ha ha ha! Blast it.

We bought some fun little props.


The Birthday Massacre all revolved around the cake. We had this idea to design a flexed arm as the theme, but we had a disaster of a time taking the cakes out of their pans. Spreading the frosting continued to flake the cake, so I started packing the crumbs, Tash dribbled the frosting on top, Liz rescued the sides, and then Tash used some magnificent words telling me of how it was up to me to save this cake. I put Dewy in his special Deep V shirt, but my laughter mixed with grimacing moans at the horror which I created only made it worse. In the end, we packed as many sprinkles as we could on top to hide the crumbling exterior. It looked like a decaying body. Tash mixed up this mustard color frosting and started putting dots on the edge, but it exploded at the back of the cake, it looked like puke.  ha ha ha we were laughing so much during this tragic creation. The candles shoved everywhere helped a bit, and in the end…after having given up hope of any type of decent cake design….we just put it on the table and let it be. Twas what it twas.


Luckily, Liz is a gluten free woman, so we bought one more cake mix for her. Tash wouldn't even let me LOOK at it, for fear I'd kill that cake too.  Lo and behold, it was adorable.

Dewy arrived home, and we set off with practically gutting this poor piƱata. Tash was making all these noises like "buzz buzz….caaawww!" which made it only seem more terrible when Dewy severed it's head from it's body…. we mounted the head on the wall for a bit. ha ha ha


Time for presents.

Yay presents.

aw.

  Haaaapppyyy Birrrrthdayyy song. We'd eaten a lovely dinner of Chicken Alfredo with Veggies. Courtesy of Liz. She was probably the only one who didn't kill the initial cake, but since it was Liz, we immediately blamed her for it when Dewy walked through the door. Bwa ha ha.

Since it was already a shmuck of a cake, Dewy let Wesley do the cake cutting. Wesley went straight for Dewy's face.  I asked him what he was doing, and he said, (I kid you not) "Me cutting Daddy!"  He promptly slabbed Dewy's frosting head onto Dewy's plate. Wesley cut only the frosting bit, so Dewy cut in for the actual cake. That's when all of our efforts at hiding the cake went to pot, for when he made his incision, the cake crumbs crumbled all over the place. He swept them onto his plate like a pile of dry mashed potatoes. This entire ordeal was terribly hilarious. It amused Dewy to no bounds. Scroll down for a better visual.


Ah…the literal crumb cake. And some reeces ice cream.

So after we'd all eaten our crumb piles, Tash leaned back in her chair, looked at the remainder of the cake, and said, "Well what should we do with the rest of it?" I looked at her, and she had an evil glint in her eye. I picked up on her little hint and thought she wanted me to prepare the camera while she did the deed. She went over and hugged Dewy, wishing him a happy birthday. All was cuteness when I saw the face below. I realized she was holding him stationary and wanted me to do it. I tried hinting to Liz, so I could film it, but she wasn't picking up on it fast enough, so I put my camera down and took him out with that glorious cake.
  
Tash decided to get me and Liz a bit messy as well.



I held Tasha still so Liz could get her, Tasha didn't mind, but Max certainly did. He looked at me and started bawling his head off lol. Poor Maxy, he loves his Mom so much. 


Liz's cake was indeed delicious, and kept it's form quite nicely. 

But we shall not forget the infamous crumb cake of April 1st, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment