Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Rugby

We drove out to Nordlingen to see Dewy's 7/7 Rugby tournament. It was, as always, a gorgeous drive.

Saw ourselves an interesting McDonalds play place ha ha ha!

Gave the boy me hat. It looked quite cute.

Wes is obsessed with Rugby. He was so stoked to go! Tucker is a big fan as well, although he focuses all his time goofing off with the Rugby team.

 This was during one of the breaks. Each game was 14 mins long, they were fun to watch! Although I will say it wasn't until the last big game that I started cringing. Lots of crazy stuff happened in that last game. 

Blue steel?


Get that camera outta my face or I'm flipping a bird.

The games were all really fast paced and crazy. Dewy's team made it easily to the final showdown game. It was a dirty game, the ref wasn't calling out some really dirty moves done by the other team, and there were a few moments the whole crowd cringed. There were injuries. Dewy got some huge bruises and a big old scrape up the side of his leg. It looked bad. That stupid ref! 

Max was clapping for the players.

He's a sport fanatic!

And…like I said…he was crazy about playing with the Rugby guys, especially this guy, Dan the Dinosaur.

Ah. Rugby never ceased to surprise me. After the games finished, we ran back and packed the kids in the car. We drove back to the field area to say bye to Dewy, and came upon this. A Rugby "Zulu". It seems that when a new player makes his first goal, they do this at the end of the game. Many a shlong blew in the beeze as it's owner ran from goal post to goal post ha ha ha! Luckily this is the OTHER team, not Dewy's. I think I would've screamed and ducked for cover if it had been the Titans.



No comments:

Post a Comment