Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A day at the park

So in the typical daily schedule at school, everyone buddies up and we all walk to the park around 11.  When we go to the park, the teachers try to spread out so they can supervise everyone safely.  
I tend to be a little goofy and do more than just supervise.  Yesterday I was mostly taking photos for the school, but I decided to join in on a game of monster tag with 2 of the whales. After a few minutes our players increased to 2 whales, 2 kangaroos, and 3 penguins.  After 10 minutes I wandered off to check on the kids at the zip line area.




Today something awesome happened. It was minutes after we got there, just enough time for me to get to the zip line area.  2 of my penguins were already at the zip line, shouting for assistance in pulling the rope. I had just started pulling the rope over to them when I heard a large number of kids all shouting, "MEESA ALEESA!!".
 I turn around.
There on the big toy, looking in my direction, were 17 kids waiting to see if I would go play monster tag with them.

 But I couldn't abandon the 2 zip-liners, so I said, "Ok you each get one turn, and then I have to go be a monster for a little bit." One penguin took his turn, and then they both abandoned it and joined the rest of the kids on the big toy.  

And thus it began.

There were 4 other teachers there, and these kids were calling for me. Yup....kinda awesome. I start stomping towards them, roaring with a goofy yoda voice, and they all scream bloody murder and start running.


And then one of my little penguin girls decides to throw a wild card at me.  

She does this.
This hilarious behavior is something this penguin is known for, so I wasn't too shocked.  However, I was surprised when 3 other penguins decided to do it as well. Well I put this dramatic look of shock on my face...
 did a 180, and tried to look like I was running as fast as I could.
  
The kangaroos and whales noticed that the tables had turned, and joined in the newly titled "Chase Alyssa" game.



By the way...we weren't the only ones at the park.  There were at least 6-7 moms with their kids too. So....I was silently laughing my head off as I ran past these mothers, me with 19 kids right on my tail.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha oh my gosh. so funny. And i am sooooo not surprised that all those kids love you the best. You are SO good with kids. SO SOS SOSOSOSOSOS good. They are just drawn to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete