Monday, April 14, 2014

A rare meal of intimidating proportions

So by now you know that now and then I like to buy foods that are a complete mystery to me.  Well, tonight I'm trying one that is really freaking me out.

Remember this??

Well I decided to make it last night.  I should have just cooked it and tried it.  But nooooo.  I decided to ask people at school if they knew what it was first.  I should not have done that. this was the first dish here that I was nervous to try.




I made a stir-fry of Pumpkin, Brocolli, Tofu and Egg as well. On the side.  Definitely not mixed in.


 Thar she blows...


It smelled sweet.  But also...fishy. 

Ladies and gentlemen, would anyone like some squid ink sauce on their pasta?








.....I could only eat one bite.  I tried for another, so I could remember it a little better....but the smell was enough.  Sweet, fishy, and...not to my liking.  But hey...at least I know now, right?  This will definitely stay high on my list of strange things tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment