Friday, April 4, 2014

Ah...this job would be Hell if I wasn't a little OCD.

Why must you have some OCD in you in order to do audiobook work?


I heard a click....gotta find it and get rid of it.  It's not those sharp points at the beginning of those waves.  Those are T's or P's, not clicks.
.....I'm not seeing it here.

...I know it's right here somewhere....still not seeing it.
85% of the time I can see them without having to zoom in.

Ah....there it is.  Who would guess that this tiny little blip would be noticeable enough to locate and cut out?
....I promise, it's there.  Look close. right in the middle.



Ha  ha ha....like I said.  It's great for an OCD person.  Eliminating a couple hundred, maybe a couple thousand of those in each project.

I never know what type of audiobook I'm going to get next.  They are almost always a complete opposite from my last project.  Last week I worked on a book that helped you analyze yourself to discover what career path would bring you the most satisfaction in life .  I find the self-help, how-to books hardest to concentrate on, although since I could relate to this subject quite well, it was easier.
The last book I just finished was completely different of course.  Through the eyes of a 12 year old girl who had a institutionalized mother she'd never met, and a father who fell off the wagon a lot.  It was easier to edit of course, since it had a plot, but a while ago I discovered that I'm typically not a fan of stories with a female lead.  Strange right, even sexist maybe?  I find that the books with guys as main characters have more plot, action, all that stuff.  And then you get a girl as the main character, and she has to go on for pages and pages about what's going on in her head. After a few hours, you just want the girl to shut up and go do whatever it is she's thinking about.

And of course, I'm like that, to a T. I ramble like no other ha ha ha ha!!! 

Oh, the girl in this story was irking me.  She is 12.  But the author had her acting and thinking like a 30 year old.  She even had the girl flirting with a 19 year old (and the 19 year old found it quite awkward, thankfully.).  I kept thinking to myself, "No 12 year old thinks this seriously!!!! And no 12 year old studies To Kill A Mockingbird like it was her own personal Bible!  COME ON."

Sheesh. Anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment