Sunday, April 6, 2014

So when I first showed Sarah the view from my apartment, she told me she was surprised it didn't look all old-time-Japanese.  Well ya, that's quite true.  It doesn't look all old time Japanese everywhere.  But it definitely has a distinctive trait.  Style changes abruptly.  Very abruptly.


To pacify Sarah, there are PLENTY of old fashioned houses.  They are everywhere.  Just not literally everywhere.  There are many.

The gutter system here.  They have little cement slabs that go over the driveway bits, but they are a good foot deep.  It would SUCK to misstep or aim my bike a little off into one of them. ouch.

I saw these growing whilst on a walk.  They remind me of Grandma Johnson.

 ANYWAY the point of this blog is to show Sarah that yes, there are old Japanese looking houses, but there is no consistent style of house here. All.  Here are some of the houses I pass on the way to school.
















Everything is different here. All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment