Monday, April 28, 2014

Trip coming up!


Going to Kyoto tomorrow!!! Here are some places I'll be checking out.







I know I'll never be able to take better photos of the hotel I'll be staying at, so I'm posting one.



They look a lot bigger when you have a person inside to scale them properly.  Here's what I know about the hotel.  You have little lockers to store your luggage.  You have to check out every morning, whether or not you are staying for more than one night.  In which case you just check in again every night.  You can stay between 8pm-10am, and then everyone has to leave so they can clean.  There are blinds you can shut so you have privacy.  It is really easy to hear everything while you're in your pod.  Apparently the beds are super comfy though. Men and women sleep on different floors (yay!).  They have all the bathroom items you'll need, including a yukata (Japanese pajamas).  Here's a yukata.


From what I've read, they're the Japanese equivalent to a bathrobe and/or pajamas.  So I'll be wearing this when I go off to the showers too.  Don't get this mixed up with a kimono.
Longer sleeves, expensive material, lots of detail.....not for beds or bathrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment