Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I tried to keep a low profile, I really did.


This is the telling of a hilarious moment.  

It's been rainy for the past few days, so during recess the kids have been playing indoors.  Today was finally sunny, so we got to go to the park again.




I wasn't that energetic today, so when the kids were calling for me to be a monster, I told them I was going to play quietly today.  I went and helped some kids on the zip line for a bit, and then I went picking dandy-lions with one of my penguins.  The parks there have very little grass.  Grass is considered a weed and no one has sprinklers.  So anywho, we're picking dandy-lions when I happen to spy a teeny patch of that crab grass.  I grab a piece and say, "wanna see a trick?"

Ok now think back.  Everyone grew up with this.

Well.........that little trick had some unexpected reactions.

 

You remember how I said I was trying to keep a low profile today?
Well blowing that little piece of grass went from this....


...to this....
 

 .....and it wasn't til THIS point where I thought, "I've made a huge mistake."

Turns out not a single person at that park had seen someone make a grass whistle.  So even when I showed them how I was doing it, they thought it was a magic trick.


An even bigger shock to me was that I didn't just surprise the students.  The teachers had never heard of a grass whistle either.




Well....I found myself in the spotlight again.  Meh.  I've got plenty of opportunities ahead of me where I'll figure out this "low profile" thing.  As of right now...it's 5/5.  Sheesh. Come on Mr. John, surprise everyone with some Australian thing.  Don't leave it all to my silly antics!!


1 comment: