Friday, July 11, 2014

Moooo

 I don't eat beef if I can help it. But this day was a day for beef it seemed. We went out to eat at a yakiniku restaurant. Yaki=burn, niku=meat. 

Ready for another handful of firsts? They're a-comin.

Our table. They were filled with coals, and had a little wire cover for placing the food on.

All I could think was "reeeed. Where are the veggies?" And then I started reading. Can YOU see what I saw?

Left: cow tongue.     Right: muscle

Just in case you wanted a close up of those tongues Bwa ha ha

Time to start. We had a ton of different meats. We started with these. When one was cooked we'd hurry and dip it in one of the many sauces we had, and devour. What we soon realized was if we kept filling the empty areas on the grill, we had to eat fast so the food wouldn't burn haha! Talk about fresh.

Cow intestine anyone? T'was good.

It's not pictured but we did finally get to cook up some veggies, which were delicious. The cow tongue was good. The only moment it was weird was during the first piece. I was chewing it, and I couldn't stop thinking about how I was chewing a tongue, on my tongue. I had to shove those thoughts out of my head if I wanted to eat. Once I ate without thinking about it, it tasted great!


This is Minori. The weirdest thing that night was not tongue. It was definitely hormone. They sold cow hormone. I had two pieces, and man that was a strange 
texture. Very chewy.

This is at the end after we are pretty much everything. Although you can see a few red hormone right in the middle. Oh I forgot about the bibimpa!   It's a Korean rice dish I got to try. Good! The name was fun.


Went to baskin robins after. 


I've had green tea a ton by now so I looked for another strange flavor. Fooouuunnnd it! The top one is just coffee, but the bottom is sweet red bean. Beans mixed in and all. I am a fan of sweet bean treats, do this tasted great!! That's Julpha btw. 


No comments:

Post a Comment