Friday, July 11, 2014

Typhoons and Mary poppins

There was supposed to be a typhoon today. I've been in a hurricane, and I was stoked to experience a typhoon. Sadly it turns out that nagoya is situated in an area that misses out on weather extremes and other disasters. But it got quite rainy here, and I had the urge to walk after work today. I ended up finding the perfect most scenic jogging route right next to my apartment. Through some gorgeous paddy terraces no less. I took photos but they're on my camera. Sometime in the future. 

So I've loved the view from my front door ever since I moved in, so I decided I would paint it. I'm not finished yet, because I'm painting it only on rainy days, and I only have forty minutes or so to work on it on those days. But it's coming along. Today when I was walking through the rice paddies, I tecognized houses, and trees even. I had never walked in this area before. I realized it was because I has been looking at those areas from my window for my painting! I instantly felt like I was having a merry poppins moment where I'd leapt into a painting. It gave me better understanding  of each of the green shade changes I had been toiling through. In that area of the painting. Hopefully my discovery will help my painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment