Saturday, July 26, 2014

The calm before the magnificent storm

I got my Yukata and Obi on Monday!!! My underclothes, ties, and bag will be here before Saturday, all I need to find are some shoes for my big American feet lol!! I will have many pictures come Sunday.

But for now I have some little tidbits that came my way this week.


Went looking for sneakers on Saturday. The shopping mall buildings are connected by bridges which is fun. Plus the higher you go, the cheaper the stores get. I loooove searching for clothes here. So many things I've never seen!

When I went exploring in nearby Hara, I found multiple buildings with escapes like this. So cool!

Found some gorgeous flowers on my way to school one day. Took a different route. They grew taller than me, and we're free standing. They weren't leaning on that wall at all.

Considering sending these to Tasha. Mixed veggie chips with banana as well. Loved them.

I'm honestly trying to stay away from the sweet stuff, but warabi mochi is a seasonal summer treat, and I'd been wanting to try the green tea flavor. Delish!


My typical lunch. I make breakfast and lunch simultaneously every morning. I just  learned how to make basic egg rolls, so I'm excited about that, and I an on experimenting with more egg recipes soon!

Minori got back from a trip to Korea on Monday, and she brought back some Korean seaweed for everyone. I love seaweed, but I was confused as to why they came in 8x11 sheets. I took a bite and I was in heaven. Korean seaweed is soooo good. I ate them plain as if they were giant chips. I saved some for Liz though, she'll be visiting soon Bwa ha ha. Isn't it pretty though?

We have to write a Christmas play for our students. It's hard as hell because none of them can be the main character, no villains, and equal lines for everyone. But hey I came up with a story and just finished my costume ideas I have to send out to the parents. Do you know how hard it is to think of costumes and a story when you have 7 girls who want to be princesses? I whittled it down to a Santa, Rudolph, 2 princesses, 2 snow princesses…….

...2 fairies, a queen, and a king. My main hurdle is going to be memorization. This project is insane.

1 comment: