Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Toyota City

Did I mention how much I LOVE Japan?   

A LOT of firsts, yet again. I stayed at Minori's for the weekend. I love it there! I woke up at five thirty with the sun out brighter than ever. When I went downstairs  I found that we were going to have a traditional Japanese breakfast. I also learned where you place each dish, how to hold your food, and how to wrap your rice in seaweed with only chopsticks. Impressive stuff. For breakfast we had chopped cucumber topped with a special seaweed shaving, some egg rolls , miso soup, rice, and dried fish. I remember one of my fishes had it's charred eye popping out of its socket, and it later got mixed in with my rice. A funny moment. They were crunchy  yet tasty. Mom and Pop, imagine jumbo sized almond fish and that's what I had.


After breakfast, Minori and I went to the mall to look for some flowers for my hair. The amount of new stuff I'd not seen before was overwhelming. I accidentally knocked over a shelf of flowers, and broke my sunglasses in all the distraction. After we found a our hair decor, we browsed for an hour. I was searching for presents for two blondes I happen to know, but it was all so much, I arrayed getting stressed out and mad so I gave up. Next weekend. Ooo I got to try a special grape smoothie, yum. After browsing we drove home and cooked some ham rice. Now I know how to cook it Japanese style. Then we got ready for our yukatas and meeting John at the station. Minori being the sweet person that she is, had bought me a cute fan.







No comments:

Post a Comment